Students who attend strong fit colleges and programs graduate at higher rates. Consider these three factors:
- Are you eligible academically based on your GPA and test scores?
- How much financial aid is being offered by the college/program?
- What type of learning environment and services do you need to be successful?
What type of college might be right for me?
Choose the academic profile that's closest to yours:
Make a college list with at least 9 schools. Include CUNYs, SUNYs, and private schools. To create a solid college list:
- Review admission requirements for different colleges.
- Consider academics, finances and learning environment when making your college list.
- Add “likely” schools- Add at least 6 schools that you are very likely to get into and which are likely affordable for you and your family.
- Add “target” schools- Add at least 2 more selective schools that you think are the best fit for you academically and financially.
- Add “reach schools”- Add at least 2 schools that have admissions standards at the high end of what you can meet, and that you’d love to go to if you get in.