Students who attend strong match colleges graduate at higher rates. Consider these three factors:
- Match for Admission– Are you eligible academically based on your GPA and test scores?
- Match for Affordability- What is my family income? How much financial aid is being offered by the college/program?
- Match for Student Success Supports- What type of learning environment and services do you need to be successful? Do you qualify for opportunity programs?
What type of college might be a strong match for me?
Choose the academic profile that's closest to yours:
Make a college list with between 10-20 colleges. Include CUNYs, SUNYs, and Private Colleges.
Consider match for post-secondary pathway, affordability and belonging and support.
- 6 CUNYs- 1 CUNY fee waiver allows students to apply to 6 CUNY colleges.
- Up to 7 SUNYs- 1 SUNY fee waiver allows students to apply to up to 7 SUNY colleges.
- Up to 7 Private Colleges- 1 Common Application allows students to apply to over 500 Private Colleges.
- Add “Reach schools”– Schools that have admissions standards at the high end of what you can meet, and that you’d love to go to if you get in.
- Add “Match” schools- Schools that are the best fit for you academically and financially.
- Add “Likely” schools- Schools that you are very likely to get into and which are affordable for you and your family.