Next Stop College aims to improve the success of high school students by providing 11th & 12th graders targeted, customized, and actionable information regarding college admission, affordability, and recommended actions to improve the odds of earning a college degree. We need your help in turning this from information on a website to action! Use your voice and creativity to virtually help your fellow NYC high school students through the college process this year by submitting a video demonstrating the steps and process of helping a peer through one of the below topic areas.
Choose one Topic Area:
- Creating your “best-fit/balanced” college list
- Making the most of a Virtual College Tour/College Fair
- Writing Your College Essay
- Tips for Completing the CUNY Application/ SUNY/Common Application
- Completing FAFSA and TAP
- Supporting Undocumented Students
- Comparing Your Aid Awards & Finalizing Your Decision
- Opportunity Programs
- Creating a Brag Sheet (used to talk to teachers & get recommendation letters)
- Tips for Parents supporting students to navigate the college process
- Applicants must be in 11th or 12th grade, enrolled in a high school equivalency program, or a NYC college student (applicant can attend any college but must have attended high school or a high school equivalency program in NYC).
- Videos should be 1-2 minutes in length.
- Videos should be shot horizontal.
- Please upload video submissions to YouTube.
- To qualify to win all applicants must follow @NextStopCollegeNYC on Instagram and submit their entry below.
- Please submit questions to email@example.com
Winners will be notified by email and will each receive a $500 stipend. Students are encouraged to work virtually with a partner in pairs. If students submit a video created with a partner each student will receive a $500 stipend.
*This is subject to change depending on the number of applicants.